As you can see below my last two entries are pretty short. I have good reason for this. I have spent the last few days trying to moblog.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moblog
Not as simple as starting a blogg as there is no clear instructions on how to achieve this, at least with my phone.
My first stop was to go to the blogger help centre, which explained that Sony Erickson phones had a blogthis! option inherent in the phone. Easy except for the fact that my SE 750i doesn’t have this option.
So I figured that if I set up a gmail account on my phone that this would work. The idea is that you send a text to go@blogger.com and they send you back a blog page and code. With this code you can direct the mobile blog to you own blog and each time you send photos or text from your phone to blogger, it will post them to your blog immediately. I wasn’t so lucky, the nice little java program form gmail let me sent text but no photo.
I spent a few hours trawling through websites ( O2 , Sony Erickson, Gmail, Blogger) looking for a solution but with little result.
The worst part was I found other people who were using the SE750i model to moblog successfully.
http://www.meet-britain.org.uk/hangglidingphotos/2006/08/tow-hang-gliding-club.html
http://davidhelank750i.blogspot.com/
I ended up trying to update the firmware for my phone, which was an ordeal that included installing software, usb cables, removing, and replacing phone batteries etc.
I was hoping a new blogthis! icon would appear on the phone after the update. No luck.
I eventually got into the settings in my phone to make sure the mms multimedia messages were being sent successfully. I sent friends and family odd photos and asked if they received them. They didn’t at first ,so I thought this was the problem , so I configured the phone for mms and it worked when I resent photos to other phones.
I then sent out a number of MMS messages to blogger, but I got no response.
I investigated the mms data further and realized that blogger needed an email address to reply to.
I re started by deleting all the old settings with gmail and set up a pop 3 account as the default and only for use with the phone.
I then went to send an email from the phone but found I couldn’t attach a picture.
Back to square one, trawling through the forums again, but this time I found a small note saying that I have to go into the gallery first select the picture and then had the option to email it using the default email. Guess what it worked.
So today is going to be moblog day.
My results for moblogging.
1. Set up pop3 email account only for use with the phone.
2. Make sure your phone is set up to send picture messages (may be a problem for pay as you go phones)
3. Send any message text or photo to go@blogger.com
4. When you receive a reply, use pc and go to http://www.blogger.com/mobile-start.g
5. Enter code(claim token) and redirect new moblog to your blog address.
6. Send photos or text from your mobile to go@blogger.com and it will be posted to your blog
7. Enjoy.
Monday, October 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment